2020年3月28日 星期六

Confusing people


Always Remember Us This Way https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vheNbQlsyU


Stacey: If I had a pool, how deep would it be?
Paul: Pretty shallow, I'd think.
Stacey: What do you mean by that?
Paul: Nothing.
Stacey: ...are you saying that I'm shallow?
Paul: That's not what I said.
Stacey: But that's what you were implying.
Paul: No, I was making a joke...
Stacey: ...implying that I was shallow!
Paul: Usually these conversations end in where I try and prove my point, discreetly, to others that this is the case without you noticing, so that you'd make a fool of yourself.
Stacey: o-kay...and?
Paul: But because I am your friend, more than just a friend I'd like to think, I'm going to save you from this kind of embarrassment.
Stacey: Thank you very much.
Paul: Does this gain me any brownie points? Are you going to invite me upstairs for a drink after I take you to a fancy restaurant tonight?
Stacey: Nope, and nope.
Paul: And if I built the swimming pool of your dreams like you've always wanted, in your back garden?
Stacey: A shallow one?
Paul: A shallow one is all you deserve.
Stacey: You see? At least that's straight up honesty. Brownie points for you.
Paul: ________





沒有留言:

張貼留言