2020年3月26日 星期四

When a Cat Steals

Immortality (Celine Dion) : https://youtu.be/WdYaGt_sm3Q

Point one lit up, point two, then point three.
As each satellite glowed in their separate spheres, an initiation of transmission shot out in varied wavelengths.
If I could communicate in lines and curves, what would my language look like?
I'd say it would look quite complicated, with scribbles here and there, lines built on top of each other, loops connecting dots, intertwined with prints of shapes round and square.

I would throw a carpet of signs into the universe and wait patiently, for a response.
Maybe someone from afar would see my symbols hanging, silent in space, still and unwavering.
That someone was a street cat named Silver. She climbed onto the swaying branches of high-reaching trees to reach my symbols. First she tapped cautiously, then slightly more aggressively until one by one, they all toppled out of the sky and landed in a heap on the ground.
Satisfied, with a her bushy tail flicking left to right, Silver jumped down with a soft thud. Squinting her greyish blue eyes in the moonlight, she wasn't sure anymore that her capture would do her any good, it certainly wasn't dinner. She toyed with a few limp symbols, then kicking and scratching them with all fours until the symbols became worn and torn.

My language was stolen then broken by a cat.
I don't think she understood me.

沒有留言:

張貼留言