2013年5月15日 星期三

Mango Slices

Music: 5 Years Time - Noah and the Whale 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8YCSJpF4g4
Time: 10:38am

On an ivory plate lies a thick slice of tropical mango, unpeeled. The skin is thin and depicts a paralyzed frame of a slow motion fire. The flesh of the fruit is a creamy tangerine. I cup the fruit in my hands and bring it up to eye-level. Having been kept in the fridge, the fruit had a layer of cold air hovering and shedding cold particles into its surroundings by the second.  My eyes were met with with a mango cold front and I blink to keep them from glazing over.
Lick my lips, open my jaws 50 degrees, saliva spurting a spa of enzymes, I enter a third of the mango into my mouth. Using only my front teeth I scrape a chunk of cold firm heaven from the mother piece.
I rotate the mango 30 degrees and repeat, again and again, until a cool limp piece of a two-coloured skin remain.

沒有留言:

張貼留言